Dorset Arts and Crafts Association
DACA, Dorset Arts and Crafts Association
DACA is dedicated to the promotion of traditional and modern arts and crafts. The Association holds an exhibition each year, with fine art and photographic displays, hundreds of crafts exhibits, Have-A-Go sessions for children and numerous crafts stalls.
NEWS MAY 2019
The Dorset Arts and Crafts Association (DACA) has a new website (www.dorsetartsandcrafts.org). Amongst other useful information, this contains all you need to know about entering work into the 2019 summer exhibition which takes place at The Purbeck School in Wareham from 2nd-6th August 2019.
You are receiving this because we believe you are the primary contact for a group specialising in one of DACA’s three main disciplines of Crafts, Fine Art and Photography. We hope you will make the members of your group aware of the opportunity to enter the exhibition. Entries can be from individuals or from the group as a whole. Each individual entry costs £2 and a group entry £3.
As DACA is a charity supporting and promoting arts and crafts across Dorset, benefits of entering are:
– having your work seen and admired by approximately 3,000 visitors to the exhibition
– low commission rate of only 20% on anything sold
– opportunity to win a trophy (38 trophies were presented last year)
– receiving constructive comments from revered and respected judges.
Entry forms can be submitted either by post (in the same way as previous years) or online. If you do need help or advice on any aspect of entering your work, please feel free to contact the entries secretary (entries@dorsetartsandcrafts.
Even if you are not planning to enter this year, we hope that your members will visit the exhibition and be inspired by the work of others. In addition to the main exhibition, there are guest exhibitions, have-a-go workshops and the opportunity to purchase craft items made in Dorset.
NEWS MAY 2018
Hello from the Dorset Arts & Crafts Association
We’d love this year’s exhibition at Purbeck School to be bigger and better than ever, and we hope you’ve been busy with your entries. We’re looking forward to seeing all the lovely work you’ve been doing.
Everything you need to know about entering work is on our website http://www.dorsetartsandcrafts.org/2018-exhibition/exhibitor-information .
If you have any questions about entering your work, please ask. You can contact Celia Morris, our entries secretary, by e-mail; her address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not share your information with any third parties. You can read our privacy notice at http://www.dorsetartsandcrafts.org/about/privacy-notice .
Jenny Gurden – Chair – Dorset Arts & Crafts Association
NEWS FEBRUARY 2018
I’m Celia Morris and I have taken over from Carole Caves as Entries Secretary for the Dorset Arts & Crafts Association 2018 exhibition. Some of you may know me from last year if you helped to steward.
I hope your projects for entry into the 2018 exhibition are well under way. It is your work that is at the heart of the exhibition and the wonderful range of work on display last year is testament to all your hard work.
Even if there is not a specific category for your work, you can still enter into the ‘other crafts‘ section. It can be judged or not as you decide and there is a trophy to be won. Please encourage your family and friends to enter their work.
Many of our visitors express delight and surprise at the diversity of the objects and talent they see in the exhibits, so why not make this the year your work is part of the exhibition.
The entry schedule and entry forms are currently being updated and will be available from 1st March 2018 on our website www.dorsetartsandcraft
The dates for this year’s Exhibition are:-
- Entry forms to me by Wednesday 18th July 2018
- Handing in day Monday 30th July 2018
- Judging day Tuesday 31st July 2018
- Exhibition opens Friday 3rd August to Tuesday 7th August 2018
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
The Dorset Arts & Crafts Christmas Fair is here……Saturday 19th November 2016 – Allendale House, Hanham Road Wimborne BH21 1AS 10am – 4pm
Join us for our first Christmas Craft Fair in the wonderful Georgian setting of Allendale House. With superb contemporary and heritage crafts it’s the place to find perfect Christmas presents for those very special individuals. All of the crafts are genuinely handmade in Dorset.
There’ll also be teas and coffees available as well as homemade cakes to sustain you whilst you browse!
Entry is free of charge and parking is available in the adjacent Allenview car park.
The profits from the Christmas Fair are being donated to the DACA Bursary Fund. This is the fund which is used to award cash grants annually for art and craft projects across Dorset.
For more information and how to apply for a DACA Art and Craft Grant, please see our website
- Full membership of the Association is available to all residents of DorsetAssociate membership is available to anyone not resident in Dorset
- The current subscription rate is £10 for members and associate members
- Junior members £5
- To join the Association, complete the Membership Form and send it to the Membership Secretary with your payment.
- Free admission to the Exhibition (worth up to £5 per visit)
- Two free exhibit entries (nos 4 & 5) in the Exhibition (worth £4)
- The Annual Report and Exhibition Schedule available on-line or mailed to you
- A vote at General Meetings of the Association (not applicable to Associate Members)
- A free listing for your art or craft business on the Association website
- Discount on purchases at craft shops (see current list)
- Free advice on practical art or craft problems (contact the Association Secretary)
For general enquiries please contact the Association
Secretary, Paul Newsome. Tel: (01202) 700653
Post: 6 Imperial Court, 12 Ravine Road, Poole, BH13 7HX
With my very best wishes Carole